More Info.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm Feeling Sickly, So Here's An Update Post

I'm not feeling well.
It started Monday night.
I had a little scratch in my throat, then when I woke up Tuesday morning it was more than just a little scratch.
I had the aches, headache, dizziness, sore throat. The whole nine yards.
My aches aren't as bad today, but my throat is still very much alive.
To prevent myself from getting really sick I took it super easy yesterday and I'm doing the same today.
Other things have taken priority over writing on here and I realized I haven't updated this thing for a couple weeks so I thought this might be a good opportunity.

Walk To End Alzheimer's:
I have had two family members suffer from Alzheimer's so my sister, my Mema and I decided to participate in this event.
I love doing this.
I've done a couple 5K's as well and it always gives you such a great feeling.
It's great knowing I'm getting out and getting involved with my city.




State Fair
One of my pictures received an 'Honorable Mention' ribbon! I wasn't expecting anything so that was pretty exciting. 
My sister got second place in the casserole competition! That was way cool.
I went with my family one night and a friend another night.
I love the state fair. I love the rides. I love the food. I love the booths and events. I love all the people.
It's so much fun every time.




Getting closer:
So...I have ten weeks until I enter the MTC.
My heart races every time I look at a calender.
It's coming so fast! 
I really don't know what to say about it.
I'm just a jumble of emotions.
One minute I'm way super excited, the next I'm petrified.
I'm sure that's pretty normal though.
I'm really trying to prepare the best I can.
It's hard some days.
I was talking to one of the sister missionaries in my ward about it the other day.
I was telling her that it's weird knowing that I'll be on my mission soon, but I'm still here at home.... it's hard to explain, but she knew exactly what I was talking about.
My parent's and I have started studying together to help me out a little bit.
I try not to focus so much on my fears about it though.
I know that Heavenly Father will give me the courage I need.
I instead, try to focus on the incredible blessing this is going to be.
I'm going to grow and change so much during those eighteen months.
I have a lot checked off my list, but I still have quite a few things to get taken care of.
These next ten weeks are going to go by in a blink of an eye.
Next thing I know, I'll be sitting in the MTC.
--------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day:
Good Life by OneRepublic
--------------------------------------

via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment