More Info.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Wow, I'm really bad about updating this thing these days.
Friday was my mommy's BIRFday!!
I was blessed with a very special mom.
I think she and I have a lot on common.
From stories that I've heard about her past I kinda get an idea that I am similar to what she used to be like.
We're both pretty stubborn.
We're both headstrong.
We're both independent minded.
We're both not afraid to say what's on our mind.
We're both extremely loving.
We're both forgiving.
We're both weird.
We're both artsy.
We're both tender hearted.
It was her who taught me to break up saltine crackers in chicken noodle soup.
It was her taught me how to clean a house.
It was her who taught me how to garden.
It was her who taught me how to paint my nails.
It was her who taught me fashion and how to put an outfit together.
It was her who instilled in me a love for walks and drives.
It was her who taught me not to take any crap from anyone.
It was her who gave me the obsession to have people let me know when they get home so I know they're safe.
It was her who would let me stay home from school every once in a while just to take a break.
It was her who would sit at the end of my bed listening to me as I sobbed through a story.
It was her who ever so firmly corrected my behavior when I wasn't going down the right track.
It was her who time and time again told me of my worth.
It was her who gave me a free spirit and desire to get out and see things.
It was her who opened my eyes to the little things and learn to cherish them.
It was her who kept me grounded.
It was her who I feared when I had made a bad decision because I knew that she could tell something was wrong.
It was her who giggled with me when she found out any boys that I had kissed.
It was her who encouraged me to always pray and read my scriptures.
It was her who let me know that serving a mission was an option for my life.
It was her who screamed with joy when my mission call arrived.
It's her who still continues to support me and love me. She has been there through all the many stupid mistakes I've made over the years. She never threw down a judgmental hand but instead she listened and guided. I'm so grateful for this woman in my life. I know I don't always show the gratitude and love I have in my heart for her, but it's there. I love you mom! I won't here for your 50th birthday next year and I'm so sad that I'll miss all the festivities of that. I'll send you something though, you better believe it!
(my dad was there through all those moments I just spoke of too, but this post isn't about him ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment