More Info.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Onward, Ever Onward

WHEW!
This past week was intense.
Like, if I make it out of here and on my mission alive it will be a miracle.
Once again I just have to say how grateful I am to be serving a mission.
It keeps me in check like nobody's business.
Through everything I've come out with a greater understanding of faith and how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ truly love each and every one of us.
One day the sky seemed to be falling and my old self would have just been like, I don't even care, Heavenly Father doesn't care, whatever.
But instead I caught myself saying, I know He's there, I don't really know where right now, but I know He's there and this is all going to come out okay.
I was surprised and grateful that I've changed and my faith has grown so much that I can just keep holding on when things get a little crazy.
Also, I've talked about this on here before but I truly believe that Heavenly Father sends people to us to fill in the holes that others leave behind.
Recently I've been blessed with people who have changed me and helped me see more of who I am. 
This has manifested to me how much He loves me and watches over me.
This reminds me to always show kindness to those around us because we may be filling in a hole for someone.
Some days are better than others. Sometimes I feel so claustrophobic and so tied back. I feel like I can't do anything because "I'm preparing for a mission". But I always try to quickly correct that thought process and remind myself of why I chose to do this. I think of all the lives that will be blessed by this service. I also remember that there is an opposing force who would love nothing more than for me to decide to not go. I tell that opposing force to shutup. I'm grateful for the quiet moments when I sit and ponder about my mission and a smile comes across my face. 
Missions are insane, people.
I love it so much already and I'm not even out there yet!
I seriously needed this to become the person who I need to be.
There have been outward changes, but there's been so many inward changes for the better that I can't wait to see who I'm going to be once it's all over.
It's been so tough, man, so tough. But it's been so incredibly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment